WHAT IS DRIE OTTAWA?
DRIE Ottawa provides Ottawa, and Eastern Ontario, with a forum to share ideas and experiences in support of preparedness for all aspects of Emergencies and Disasters. To learn more please visit our "About Us" page.
Cellphone PrivacyCellphone privacy in Canada - not what we would expect
- Hackers only needed a phone number to track this MP's cellphone
- Canada's Public Safety Minister is questioning whether Canadian cellphone companies are doing enough to protect their customers' privacy, after a CBC/Radio-Canada investigation.
- The Supreme Court of Canada and a senior executive with the Canada Revenue Agency anxiously reached out to Canada's communications spy agency for help after a CBC story revealed cellphone tracking technology was being used near Parliament Hill.
- If you were recently at Montreal's Trudeau International Airport, someone may have been spying on your cellphone, a revelation that comes after a joint CBC/Radio-Canada investigation found electronic surveillance devices near Parliament Hill.
- Canada's privacy commissioner says the RCMP has used cellphone tracking technology in a way that was "not lawful" six times.
News & Updates
Ice Storm Report includes 51 recommendations.... Read More
Every wonder how your favourite resort would fare against a tsunami...... Read More
CBC Vancouver’s new podcast series Fault Lines explores... Read More
Reuters lists the current state of natural disasters around the... Read More