Martin Bourbeau, Program Manager, Operation INTERSECT
BIO - Martin has been employed with the Ottawa Police Service for 15 years. He started out as a Communications Clerk answering 911 calls and dispatching police. Martin moved up in the section being promoted to supervisor then manager where he led a team of 20 employees. Martin loves change and streamlining processes and believes that technology should be embraced. In his spare time Martin enjoys flying and restoring old vehicles.
Presentation Title - INTERSECT and ISAN information sharing project
Synopsis - Overview of the ISAN and INTERSECT projects and how information sharing is being done in the NCR.
Key Points that an Attendee will take away from Martin's presentation:
- Information sharing is critical to managing any event or situation
- The source of the information is just as critical as the content
- There is an information sharing platform in existence in Ottawa
- Private partnerships are essential in obtaining and disseminating information
- A lot of communications occur behind the scenes